This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through a blended learning approach of teacher led, distance, and online materials.
||Vendor Neutral Course
- Windows Client: Installing and Configure
- Windows Server: Install and Configure
- Computer Literacy for Windows
- Writing Research Papers
- Introduction to Computers, Servers and Networks
- A+ Essentials
- Service Level Agreements
- Setting Up a Small-Office Network
- Workplace Communication
- Introduction to Client Training
- Environmental Procedures in the Workplace
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification; however, preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- Completion of the ICA20111 Certificate II in Information, Digital Media, and Technology; or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICA20111 OR
- Demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments using basic information technologies
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Participants often come with experience in one or more ICT competencies, vocationally acquired from a range of sources (both formal and otherwise). Upskilled acknowledges the validity of such experience and encourages candidates to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning where applicable. Upskilled's RPL Calculator is a guide to initial RPL standing, although participants are sometimes entitled to further RPL as enrolment progresses.
Assessment is summative utilising lecturer-developed assessment tools.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support and certification upon successful completion.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials andassessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning=Management System, *MyUpskilled.*Access to a Microsoft based Personal Computer and an internet connection is required to complete any Upskilled IT qualification that utilises Microsoft Academy Courses (listed above).