Through a mix of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer-developed materials over students will be introduced to the basics of client training, digital literacy, social networking, database applications, computer and internet security, and more. A general knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, creating presentations, and use of social media tools will also be covered. Those who complete the course will be able to seek opportunities in job roles such as an office assistant, records assistant, and junior office support.
This course uses a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer-developed materials.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
||Vendor Neutral Courses
- MOS: Microsoft Office Word
- MOS: Microsoft Office Excel
- MOS: Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- Computer Security and Internet Security Fundamentals
- Computer Literacy for Windows
- Introduction to Client Training
- Effective Listening
- Digital Literacy - Writing a Great Resume
- Introduction to Customer Service
- Using Social Networking to Connect with Word
- PC Intro and Operation
- The Command Line Interface
- Word Processing
- Create Presentations
- Environmental Procedures
- Work Health and Safety
- Maintaining Hardware, Software and Consumables
- Supporting Clients
- Social Media Tools
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification.
The entry-level qualification provides foundation general computing and employment skills that enable participation in an information technology environment in any industry. Small to medium enterprises (SMEs) will find the contents of this qualification useful at an ICT user level and is suitable to anyone who wishes to increase their digital literacy.
In its own right such a qualification could equip an individual to undertake roles such as office assistant or to work in records management at a junior level; however, its usefulness is most likely to be found in supplementing functions in roles prevalent in other industries.
Participants will complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.