This qualification is a foundation-level course that is tailored to train students to work effectively in logistics operations within the transport or logistics industry. You will gain a broad range of skills and knowledge that will equip you for many entry-level positions within the logistics. You might find work in roles that cover inventory systems, stock control and storage, through to resource management, processing customer complaints and following work health and safety procedures.
This Certificate III qualification in Logistics covers the foundations of logistics functions and will set you up with the required training and knowledge through 13 comprehensive units of competency.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
There are no entry requirements listed in the training package for this qualification.
The target participants in the TLI32416 - Certificate III in Logistics qualification may be employees, school leavers or job seekers with some personal or vocational experience in a particular industry.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have completed year 11 or 12 in compulsory education
- hold a certificate I or II in a similar discipline
- have some work history
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
This is a qualification for those engaged in logistics operations within the Transport and Logistics Industry.
It involves a defined range of skilled operations, usually within a range of broader related activities involving known routines, methods and procedures, where some discretion and judgement is required in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures within known time constraints. It may also include responsibility for coordinating the work of others.
Successful achievement of the licensing units within the qualification must align with applicable licensing and regulatory requirements.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.
You may be able to receive credit transfers for certain units. E.g., holders of a valid forklift licence may be able to substitute a unit through a credit transfer. Please speak to one of our education consultants for more information.