This qualification is entry-level and will teach you how to listen to and understand people’s problems, background and circumstances, and to work with them on the areas they are struggling with. You will also learn to help clients by setting them up with support systems and networks.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Certificate II in Community Services (CHC22015) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
As part of your Certificate II in Community Services studies you will learn how to navigate legal and ethical frameworks, policies and procedures. You will gain the skills and knowledge you need to help clients by setting them up with support systems and networks, and develop plans which will address their immediate and long term struggles.
You will learn to organise and complete daily work activities as well as manage personal stress in the workplace, preparing you to take on a role in the sector.
- Access to fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Access to the Student Support Services (Helpdesk) where students can receive support and assistance in the use of MyUpskilled as well as any administration enquiries
- Course material - A text book will be supplied for the course. Other support eLearning materials and instructor created materials will make up the learning content of the course.
- Regular contact with their trainer via email, telephone and/or MyUpskilled communication tools
- Webinars - both live and recorded sessions
- Access to world leading video training provider Clickview and Lynda.com
- Access to Upskilled's Student Rewards Program
To achieve this qualification, students are required to complete at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Applicants are expected to source a service suitable in their area. Support can be given upon request, where Upskilled will in its best endeavour, assist applicants to gain appropriate work experience.
This course is delivered online over a period of 12 months.
Graduates receive the award CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however Upskilled will assess a students’ ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success.
- Organisations within the disability services industry require a Criminal Record Check and some states will require additional suitability checks, dependent upon employer prior to undertaking work experience.
- A Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment will be required before enrolment can be confirmed in this course.
- For those currently working in the industry, a workplace supervisor or manager may be requested to provide evidence of support towards the participants’ competency in the units/qualification. Third Party Reports or observations may be required to be completed as advised by the participants’ assessor.
Students will be required to have regular access to a computer and internet access to complete this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Recognition of Current Competencies (RCC) options are also available for students on request and assistance will be provided to determine eligibility. Each student requesting RPL will be interviewed and they should provide a portfolio of evidence to support their application and may be assessed on the job. On the job assessments can be conducted to assess current skills and knowledge.
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|BSBWOR202||Organise and complete daily work activities|
|CHCCOM001||Provide first point of contact|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|HLTAID002||Provide basic emergency life support|
|BSBWOR201||Manage personal stress in the workplace|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification are not limited to but may include:
- Accommodation support worker
- Home care assistant
- Care assistant
- In-home respite worker
- Care worker
- Personal care assistant
- Community care worker
- Personal care giver
- Community house worker
- Personal care worker
- Community support worker
- Residential care worker
- Support worker
Flexible Payment Options
Upskilled offers three flexible payment options for our students. Enquire now for more information on payment methods and government funding.
Save 15% ($433.50) when paying upfront through Upskilled.
Total course cost: $2,456.50
Interest free payments
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months with ZipMoney. Get started for just $28 a week.
Total course cost: $2,890
No government funding available