Gain the skills to work in the growing individual support sector. This certificate will teach you how to provide the necessary discretion and judgement for work in individual support. You will be able to work in a community and/or residential setting where you provide person-centred assistance to people who require care due to ageing or disability. You will learn a range of factual, technical and procedural skills as well as some theoretical knowledge of the sector.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
Make helping and assisting others to lead more fulfilling, independent lives your career. Your work in this diverse and stable sector involves using your discretion, judgement and responsibility in the area of individual support. Upon graduation, you'll be equipped with a range of factual, technical and procedural skills relevant to the disability sector, as well as theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred individual support.
Work is carried out autonomously under the broad guidance of other practitioners and professionals.
To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of Units of Competency.
- Access to fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Access to the Student Support Services (Helpdesk) where students can receive support and assistance in the use of MyUpskilled as well as any administration enquiries
- Course material - A text book will be supplied for the course. Other support eLearning materials and instructor created materials will make up the learning content of the course.
- Regular contact with their trainer via email, telephone and/or MyUpskilled communication tools
- Webinars - both live and recorded sessions
- Access to world leading video training provider Clickview and Lynda.com
- Access to Upskilled's Student Rewards Program
To achieve this qualification, students are required to complete at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Applicants are expected to source a service suitable in their area. Upskilled can provide you with support upon request, and we will (in our best endeavour) assist you to gain appropriate work experience.
This course is delivered online over a period of 12 months.
Graduates receive the award CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
- Organisations within the disability services industry require a Criminal Record Check and some states will require additional suitability checks, dependent upon employer prior to undertaking work experience.
- A Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment will required before enrolment can be confirmed in this course.
- For those currently working in the industry, a workplace supervisor or manager may be requested to provide evidence of support towards the participants’ competency in the units/qualification. Third Party Reports or observations may be required to be completed as advised by the participants’ assessor.
Students will be required to have regular access to a computer and internet access to complete this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Recognition of Current Competencies (RCC) options are also available for students on request and assistance will be provided to determine eligibility. Each student requesting RPL will be interviewed and they should provide a portfolio of evidence to support their application and may be assessed on the job. On the job assessments can be conducted to assess current skills and knowledge.
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCDIS003||Support community participation and social inclusion|
|CHCADV001||Facilitate the interests and rights of clients|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|CHCDIS002||Follow established person-centred behaviour supports|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
|CHCDIS001||Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach|
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification are not limited to but may include:
- Accommodation support worker
- Field officer
- Assistant in nursing
- Home care assistant
- Care assistant
- In-home respite worker
- Nursing assistant
- Care worker
- Personal care assistant
- Community care worker
- Personal care giver
- Community house worker
- Personal care worker
- Community support worker
- Residential care worker
- Disability service officer
- Support worker
Flexible Payment Options
Upskilled offers three flexible payment options for our students. Enquire now for more information on payment methods and government funding.
Save 15% ($535) when paying upfront through Upskilled.
Total course cost: $3,015
Interest free payments
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months with ZipMoney. Get started for just $35 a week.
Total course cost: $3,550
No government funding available