Over the course of 12 months, students will learn how to steer a tight ship in the retail sphere through units that focus on areas such as influential communication, managing recruitment, leading change, and managing effective workplace relationships. Once qualified students can then seek a employment opportunities in roles such as retail store management, team management, and restaurant management.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
have achieved a SIR40316 - Certificate IV in Retail Management
have relevant industry employment experience in a job role that has involved the application of skills and knowledge described in core units of competency from the SIR40316 - Certificate IV in Retail Management.
The target participants in the SIR50116 - Diploma of Retail Leadership qualification may be new to the industry or may have personal or vocational experience in the industry.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have 1-2 years of experience in retail or related industry
- hold a certificate IV in a similar discipline
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who manage a retail business, multiple retail stores or departments, following a business strategy to deliver profitable results for the organisation. These individuals support senior management and provide leadership to retail teams. They plan and evaluate the work of self and others, operating with autonomy and responsibility for personal outputs.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a range of retail settings including speciality retailers, supermarkets, department stores, and quick service restaurants.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as area manager, state manager, senior store manager, cluster manager and small business owner.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.