This dual diploma is designed for people who work in a senior business role, or who have attained a Certificate IV (AQF4) level qualification in business or an associated field. It’s also relevant for HR managers; or administration staff responsible for HR procedures on a regular basis. You’ll graduate with two nationally recognised qualifications that could be essential to a contemporary business career, and valuable to a variety of fundamental business roles.
The packaged course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses our online learning platform, MyUpskilled, to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
There are no entry requirements listed in the training package for these qualifications.
The target participants in the BSB50215 - Diploma of Business and the BSB50618 - Diploma of Human Resources Management qualifications may be currently working in a business or have a desire to extend their business skills, especially in the area of Human Resources.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have 1-2 years of experience in business
- hold a certificate III or IV in a similar discipline
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
These combined qualifications would apply to individuals who may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions, including in the human resources sector. These individuals would have a sound theoretical knowledge base in human resources management and demonstrate a range of managerial skills to ensure that human resources functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area. Typically, they would have responsibility for the work of other staff.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- online tutorials
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your courses. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.