These courses use a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer-developed materials, and is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
||Vendor Neutral Courses
- MTA: Database – Database Fundamentals
- MCSD: App Builder – MCSA: Web Applications; and Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- ITIL Foundations
- Media Management
- Business Needs Analysis
- Client Training
- Business Needs
- Disaster Recovery
- IT Governance
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
There are no specific entry requirements for these qualifications.
Target audience for this combination diploma program are individuals who express and interest in gaining higher knowledge in digital media or existing ICT staff who wish to further develop, or formalise their skills.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have 1-2 years of experience with ICT development
- hold a certificate III or IV in a similar discipline
- hold a premier vendor certification
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
This program would also suit participants wishing to gain entry to higher level ICT discipline qualifications or employment at level 3 Support in Media.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- online tutorials
- video content access via:
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.