This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a wide range of general information and communications technology (ICT) technologies and to support small to medium enterprises (SMEs) that require broader rather than more specialised ICT support.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Certificate IV in Information Technology (ICT40115) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through a blended learning approach of teacher-led workshops or webinars, distance education, and online materials.
- MCSA: Windows 10 – Installing and Configuring Windows 10; and Configuring Windows Devices
- MTA: IT Infrastructure – Networking Fundamentals
- MTA: IT Infrastructure – Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- MTA: IT Infrastructure – Security Fundamentals
- MTA: Developer – HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 – Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012; and Administering Windows Server 2012; and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Vendor Neutral Courses
- Writing Research Papers
- Setting up a Small Office Network
- Windows Server 2012: File System and Storage
- Introduction to Virtualisation
- Ethics in Leadership
- Introduction to Copyright
- Web Servers
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Intro Computer Servers and Networks
- Ethics in IT
- Business Needs Analysis
- Translate Business Needs
- Enterprise Strategic Direction
- Writing Technical Documentation
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
Pathways into the qualification
- After achieving ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media, and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT30115
- With demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments using a range of information technologies
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Participants often come with experience in one or more ICT competencies, vocationally acquired from a range of sources (both formal and otherwise). Upskilled acknowledges the validity of such experience and encourages candidates to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning where applicable. Upskilled's RPL Calculator is a guide to initial RPL standing, although participants are sometimes entitled to further RPL as enrolment progresses.
Assessment is summative and formative with set assignments, project work and questionnaires.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support and upon successful completion, certification for ICT40115 Certificate IV in Information Technology.
IT students also have access to the Lynda.com and Pluralsight.com online training libraries. These provide a comprehensive online video training library delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials and assessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning Management System, MyUpskilled. Access to a Personal Computer and an internet connection is required to complete any Upskilled IT qualification.
The online e-Learning course addresses the following units of competency from the National ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package. All competencies must be successfully completed to attain the certificate.
The program is broken into 4 logical clusters of training within the broad category of ICT systems: 1/ Core Infrastructure; 2/ Continuity & Security; 3/Continuous Improvement; and 4/ Service Delivery & Governance
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|ICTICT202||Work and communicate effectively in an ICT environment|
|BSBWHS304||Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes|
|ICTICT401||Determine and confirm client business requirements|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTICT405||Develop detailed technical design|
|ICTNWK410||Install hardware to a network|
|ICTICT408||Create technical documentation|
This qualification suits individuals who require a wide range of knowledge and skills across basic networking, IT support, database development, programming, and web development support, and working safely and ethically in a sustainable work environment. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Computer Technician
- Customer Support
- Information Systems Operator
- PC Support
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Support
- Technical Support
- User Support Technician
- Network Operations Technician
This qualification covers the learning content for the following Vendor Certification:
- MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- MTA: Networking Fundamentals
- MTA: Security Fundamentals
- MTA: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- MCSA: Windows 10
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 Web and Application Platform ITIL Foundations
All recommended learning materials for these certifications are provided in this Upskilled Certificate. Microsoft Learning also recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product, along with studying these materials.
Pathways from this qualification include:
* Vendor Certifications are current at the time of publishing but are subject to change.
Flexible Payment Options
Upskilled offers three flexible payment options for our students. Enquire now for more information on payment methods and government funding.
Save 15% ($580) when paying upfront through Upskilled.
Total course cost: $3,270
Interest free payments
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months with ZipMoney. Get started for just $38 a week.
Total course cost: $3,850