This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a wide range of general information and communications technology (ICT) technologies and to support small to medium enterprises (SMEs) that require broader rather than more specialised ICT support.
This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through a blended learning approach of teacher-led workshops or webinars, distance education, and online materials.
Upskilled delivers this qualification online to provide access to participants hindered by time or location constraints. Providing access to the courseware 24/7 via our customised online learning portal, MyUpskilled ensures those currently working or living in outer metropolitan and rural areas have access to high quality learning and the opportunity to further their education.
Upskilled utilises the latest technology in providing a learning environment that is welcoming and provides the best opportunity for participant success via multiple delivery and assessment modes.
|Vendor Neutral Courses
- Writing Research Papers
- Introduction to the Internet of Things
- Comp TIA A+
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi
- Programming for the Internet of Things
- Github Repository for the Raspberry Pi Python Code
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Databases and SQLite
- Working in the Cloud
- Ethics in Leadership
- Work in an ICT Environment
- Introduction to Customer Service
- Business Needs Analysis
- Translate Business Needs
- Enterprise Strategic Direction
- Writing Technical Documentation
- Ethics in IT
- Environmental Procedures in the Workplace
- Work Health and Safety
All candidates must fulfill at least one of following requirements for entry to this program
- Hold a certificate III in ICT or similar discipline, or equivalent qualification.
- Provide evidence of a minimum of 12 months ICT industry experience.
- Hold a Vendor certification from any of the following vendors...
- Microsoft – Novell – Cisco – Citrix – Red Hat – CompTIA – IBM – HP – EC-Council – VMware
- Pass an entry test provided by Upskilled
- Successfully complete the Foundations Programme offered by Upskilled, either on campus or online e-Learning
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification may include:
• After achieving ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media, and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT30115 including a Vendor certification
• With demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments using a range of information technologies.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Participants often come with experience in one or more ICT competencies, vocationally acquired from a range of sources (both formal and otherwise). Upskilled acknowledges the validity of such experience and encourages candidates to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning where applicable. Upskilled's RPL Calculator is a guide to initial RPL standing, although participants are sometimes entitled to further RPL as enrolment progresses.
Assessment is summative and formative with set assignments, project work and questionnaires.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support, and certification upon successful completion.
IT students also have access to the Lynda.com and Pluralsight.com online training library. These provide a comprehensive online video training library delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials and assessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning Management System, MyUpskilled. There is also a requirement to purchase a Raspberry Pi 2 and an electronics kit in order to undertake the training. A valid credit card or PayPal account is required as purchase can currently only be made online. Full details will be provided upon enrolment.
Access to a Personal Computer and an internet connection is required to complete any Upskilled IT qualification.