The Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking delivers the knowledge and skill sets that individuals require to install and manage small scale networks, either as an independent network support technician or as part of a team.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking (ICT40415) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through a blended learning approach of teacher-led workshops or webinars, distance education, and online materials.
- MTA: IT Infrastructure – Networking Fundamentals
- MCSA: Windows 10 – Installing and Configuring Windows 10; and Configuring Windows Devices
- MTA: IT Infrastructure – Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 – Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012; and Administering Windows Server 2012; and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- MTA: IT Infrastructure – Security Fundamentals
Vendor Neutral Courses
- Writing Research Papers
- Introduction to Computers, Servers and Networks
- Setting up a Small Office Network
- Introduction to Virtualisation
- Threats to Vulnerabilities
- Virtualisation Disaster Recovery
- Ethics in Leadership
- Introduction to Copyright
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Introduction to Customer Service
- Project Management
- Introduction to Client Training
- Intro Computer Server Networks
- Disaster Recovery
- Privacy, Ethics, Copyright
- Business Needs Analysis
- Translate Business Needs
- Enterprise Strategic Direction
- Writing Technical Documentation
- Environmental Procedures in the Workplace
- Providing Support 1 and 2
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Integration
- Work Health and Safety
- The ITIL Framework
- Client Training
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- After achieving ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT30115 OR
- With demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments using a range of information technologies
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Participants often come with experience in one or more ICT competencies, vocationally acquired from a range of sources (both formal and otherwise). Upskilled acknowledges the validity of such experience and encourages candidates to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning where applicable. Upskilled's RPL Calculator is a guide to initial RPL standing, although participants are sometimes entitled to further RPL as enrolment progresses.
Assessment is summative and formative with set assignments, project work, and questionnaires.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support and upon successful completion, certification for ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking.
IT students also have access to the Lynda.com and Pluralsight.com online training library. These provide a comprehensive online video training library delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials and assessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning Management System, MyUpskilled. Access to a Personal Computer and an internet connection is required to complete any Upskilled IT qualification.
The online e-Learning course addresses the following units of competency from the National ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package. All competencies must be successfully completed to attain the certificate.
The program is broken into 4 logical clusters of training within the broad category of ICT systems: 1/ Core Infrastructure; 2/ Continuity & Security; 3/Continuous Improvement; and 4/ Service Delivery & Governance
|ICTTEN416||Install, configure and test an internet protocol network|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTNWK403||Manage network and data integrity|
|ICTICT401||Determine and confirm client business requirements|
|ICTNWK401||Install and manage a server|
|ICTNWK404||Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network|
|ICTNWK402||Install and configure virtual machines for sustainable ICT|
|BSBWHS304||Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes|
|ICTTEN417||Install, configure and test a router|
|ICTNWK411||Deploy software to networked computers|
|ICTICT408||Create technical documentation|
|ICTPMG401||Support small scale ICT projects|
|ICTSAS505||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTNWK405||Build a small wireless local area network|
|ICTNWK406||Install, configure and test network security|
|ICTNWK412||Create network documentation|
|ICTNWK407||Install and configure client-server applications and services|
This qualification suits individuals who are seeking to develop their skills as a network manager or administrator with possible job titles including:
- Network Support
- Network Operations Support
- Network Operations Technician
- Network Technician
- Network Support Technician
This qualification covers the learning content for the following Vendor Certifications:
- MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- MTA: Networking Fundamentals
- MTA: Security Fundamentals
- MCSA: Windows 10
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012
All recommended learning materials for these certifications are provided in this Upskilled Certificate, Microsoft Learning also recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product along with studying these materials.
Pathways from this qualification include:
* Vendor Certifications are current at the time of publishing but are subject to change.
Flexible Payment Options
Upskilled offers three flexible payment options for our students. Enquire now for more information on payment methods and government funding.
Save 15% ($580) when paying upfront through Upskilled.
Total course cost: $3,270
Interest free payments
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months with ZipMoney. Get started for just $38 a week.
Total course cost: $3,850