The Double Diploma of Leadership & Management is a popular choice among individuals who want to fast-track an outstanding management career.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Double Diploma of Leadership and Management and Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915/BSB61015) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
This training program focuses on developing the real skills relevant to everyday work situations from a management perspective, and combines the foundational and advanced skills articulated by the Diploma and Advanced Diploma of Leadership & Management. Participants build industry-ready expertise in order to successfully respond to emerging business opportunities.
Online Learning offers participants a unique combination of e-learning methodologies that are fully supported and highly integrated:
- Study when it suits – with no set class timetable, you can study when and where you like, tailoring your education to suit lifestyle, family, and employment commitments
- Personal support – you'll be guided through your studies via an interactive, web-based educational experience. Our participants receive the same high level of support as an on-campus student, maximising chances of success
- Structured learning – regular timed intakes mean you can look forward to a structured learning environment. This ensures continuous progression via the benefits of flexible Online Learning
- Full access to resources – detailed course materials, student email, forums, live chat, recorded lectures, quizzes and assessments, links to external resource materials and videos.
- Access to Upskilled's Student Rewards Program
- Unlimited access to world leading video training provider Lynda.com
This course is delivered online over a duration of 12-18 months.
Graduates of the course are eligible to apply for membership to the Australian Institute of Management (AIM), a key professional development partner for managers.
Graduates receive the nationally accredited award BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership & Management and BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership & Management.
Applicants are required to meet one of the following entry criteria:
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent
- Certificate IV
- Demonstrated skills acquired through work experience
- Demonstrate via Admissions Interview (either in person or by phone) that they have the skills and capability to succeed in the course.
Students will be required to have regular access to a computer and internet access to complete this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you have studied previously, or have work experience that relates directly to your course, you may be exempt from one or more course components through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). If you feel you may be eligible for RPL, the first step is to familiarise yourself with the Course Credit Policy & Procedure (Recognition of Prior Learning) and complete an Application for RPL Assessment.
The Double Diploma of Leadership & Management consists of 14 Units of Competency, as identified in the Business Services Training Package. All units must be successfully completed to attain both the Diploma and Advanced Diploma of Leadership & Management. Below is an outline of the subjects included. For a full breakdown of all Units of Competency please contact our Education Managers.
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development
|BSBLDR501||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
Develop a workplace learning environment
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBPMG||Undertake project work|
|BSBHRM513||Manage workforce planning|
|BSBMGT605||Provide leadership across the organisation|
|ICTICT606||Develop communities of practice|
|PSPGOV602B||Establish and maintain strategic networks|
Develop and implement a business plan
|BSBMGT616||Develop and implement strategic plans|
|BSBINM601||Manage knowledge and information|
|BSBCUE604||Develop and maintain a service level strategy|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have senior or managerial responsibilities. They may oversee the work of others, or perform specialised roles in which they do not supervise others but provide strategic leadership.
Relevant job roles
- Area Manager
- Department Manager
- Regional Manager
This qualification is an established pathway for degree-level studies.