Is JobTrainer available in NT and for which courses?
In response to coronavirus (COVID-19), the Northern Territory and Australian governments are jointly funding a range of courses to give you practical skills for work.
These courses are open to Territorians who meet the relevant eligibility criteria.
Who can apply
You can apply if you're:
- a job seeker - an individual who is out of work
- receiving an income support payment - find out more on the Services Australia website
- underemployed - employed on a casual or part time basis, and working less than 35 hours per week, and willing and able to work additional hours
- a school leaver or young person - 17 to 24 years old regardless of employment status
- enrolling in any of the following qualifications, regardless of age or employment status:
- digital skills qualifications.
You must also:
- be an NT resident
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency
- have the skills and capabilities to undertake training and to actively engage in employment.
Who can't apply
You can't apply if you're:
- a school student or under 17 years old
- an individual who is employed full-time and over 24 years old unless:
- enrolling in one of the above eligible qualifications.