Upskilled is an approved institution for a range of Centrelink financial support services, including Youth Allowance, Austudy and Abstudy. Click Here for a list of the Upskilled courses approved by Centrelink. For detailed information regarding Centrelink Financial Assistance click here
Youth Allowance provides financial help for young people who are studying full time; undertaking a full-time Australian apprenticeship; training; looking for work; or sick.
You may be able to get Youth Allowance if you are:
- 16 to 20 years old and looking for full-time work or undertaking approved activities. If you do not have a Year 12 Certificate or equivalent qualification (Certificate Level II or above), you will have to undertake study or training in order to qualify for Youth Allowance
- 18 to 24 years old and studying full-time
- 16 to 24 years old and undertaking a full-time Australian apprenticeship.
Residency requirements and parental means tests also apply.
You may be eligible for Youth Allowance if you are 16 to 17 years old and studying full-time if:
- You need to live away from home in order to study, or
- You are considered independent for Youth Allowance.
In some circumstances, you may be able to get Youth Allowance if you are aged 15, or older than the school-leaving age in the state or territory in which you live, and you have been assessed as being independent. Being independent means that your parents' income and assets are not considered when determining whether you can get Youth Allowance or the amount you can get paid.
Upskilled is an approved educational institution for Youth Allowance assistance. Click here for more information
Back to Top?
Austudy provides financial help to full-time students and Australian apprentices aged 25 or more.
You may be able to get Austudy if you are:
- Aged 25 or more
- Studying full-time in an approved course at an approved educational institution, or
- Undertaking a full-time Australian apprenticeship.
Upskilled is an approved educational institution for Austudy assistance. Click here for more information.
Back to Top?
ABSTUDY provides help with costs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians who are studying or are undertaking an Australian apprenticeship.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians can get special help with the costs of studying or of undertaking an Australian apprenticeship.
To get ABSTUDY, you must be:
- An Australian citizen
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australian
- Enrolled in an approved course
- Not receiving any other government assistance to study or complete your apprenticeship or Traineeship, and
- Normally living in Australia.
While studying an approved course at Upskilled, ABSTUDY can help with your education costs, accommodation costs, living costs, fares (to travel to your place of study each term or semester if you need to study away from home) and prescription medicine costs.
If you qualify for ABSTUDY, you may be entitled to other payments and benefits too. Additional payments may also be payable to some customers including; Assistance for Isolated Children, Pensioner Education Supplement, Mobility Allowance, Education Entry Payment and Training Supplement.
Upskilled is an approved educational institution for Abstudy assistance. Click here for more information
Back to Top?
(click the links to see the full list of courses)