Skilled Capital is the ACT state government's funded training initiative which provides Canberra residents access to high quality training in areas of skills needs in order to maximise improved employment opportunities.
Through subsidised training, Skilled Capital offers a selection of qualifications from the ACT Skills Needs List, as well as a selection of certificate II pathway qualifications that may lead to further training at a higher level. This means that the studying and training population are directed into areas that have been identified as priorities in the ACT, resulting in student employment opportunities being boosted and further education and training options becoming more focused once they have completed their qualification.
Given the scheme offers broad funding opportunities, the eligibility criteria of each applicant is assessed on an individual basis and the amount of subsidy you could receive may vary depending on a number of details, including the basic eligibility for meeting the Skilled Capital entry point.
You are eligible if you are:
- An Australian citizen, permanent resident, or NZ passport holder resident for more than 6 months;
- Living or working in the ACT, and;
- At least 15 years of age, and;
- Not enrolled in or attending secondary school;
- Other Eligibility criteria may apply
Some of Upskilled's qualifications that are eligible for Skilled Capital subsidies include:
- Certificate II in Business
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- Certificate IV in Information Technology
- Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking
- Ceritifcate IV in New Small Business
- Certificate IV in Programming
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management
- Diploma of Digital Media Technologies
- Diploma of Information Technology
- Diploma of Information Technology Networking
- Diploma of Software Development
Find out if you're eligible now, here.