Have you reached an impasse your education and are wondering which path to choose next? Have you been thinking about switching fields but need further training? Are you poised for a promotion at work but lack the necessary skill-set to give you an edge over your competitors?
At Upskilled, we want to give you the chance to do a course or training that will enhance your education and workplace skills – without the financial burden than most further learning entails. Enter, stage left, our annual Upskilled Education Scholarship
Now in its second year, the Upskilled Scholarship was created to relieve the financial stress of investing in a quality education. We understand that, very often, a person’s financial status determines their education outcomes and holds them back from pursuing higher learning. We want to help deserving students and hope that our scholarship program will do just that.
The winner of the Upskilled scholarship will receive $2000 AUD
in funding that can go towards education, training and educational materials from any recognised university or registered training organisation (RTO).
The recipient gets to decide on what to spend the money (text books, fees, training).
2018 Upskilled Scholarship Winner
But don’t just take our word for it, take last year’s winner, Kate Green
. Hailing from rural NSW, Kate has used her scholarship to help pay for study materials and school expenses for a degree in Agricultural Business Management. Being from such a remote area, Kate hopes to become a positive role model for women who want a career in agriculture.
What requirements do I need to be eligible for the scholarship?
- The Upskilled scholarship is open to all students, whether you are an Australian resident or an international student.
- You must be enrolled in an RTO (e.g. Upskilled) or at university.
- You must submit your essay outlining why you deserve the scholarship in 1000 words or less (minimum 750 words) in a Word document.
- The scholarship is valid for 1 year. You must claim all approved expenses (up to $2,000 AUD) within this 12-month time frame.
- The scholarship will be paid in the form of reimbursements for approved educational expenses.
- You must maintain ongoing eligibility for your scholarship and inform Upskilled of any changes to your enrolment status.
How can I enter the Upskilled Education Scholarship?
- To be in the running, simply tell us in 1000 words or less (min. 750 words) why you deserve to win the Upskilled Education Scholarship and how you will use it.
- Submit your entry as a Word document or PDF only, without any web links.
- Make sure to include your full name, postal address and contact details before you email your application to email@example.com and make sure your contact details are up to date if you move. Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we are not able to respond back to all scholarship submissions.
- The winner is selected purely on merit – the most inspiring application wins. Find out all the terms and conditions here.
When do applications close?
Applications are now open and close at midnight (AEST) 1st December 2019
. The winner will be announced online on/after 21st December 2019
Upskilled would like to thank those who have submitted their application for this year's scholarship.
Best of luck to all other applicants and we look forward to your submissions!