The WA State Government, prioritises its investment in training to focus on courses that equip people to take up jobs for now or will be in high demand. Future Skills WA provides a guaranteed, subsidised training place for eligible students enrolled in courses that are deemed State priority qualifications, where a training place is available. State Priority Training Courses provide skills and knowledge that align with current needs for industry and employers. Future Skills WA will guarantee eligible students a State Government subsidised training place in these State priority training courses in Western Australia, and these courses attract the highest level of Government subsidy. State Priority training courses include 150 priority industry qualifications and many traineeships.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for a guaranteed training place if you have left school, your primary place of residence is in Western Australia and you are:
- An Australian citizen; or
- A permanent visa holder or holder of visa subclass 309, 820 or 826; or
- A dependent or spouse of the primary holder of a visa subclass 457.
Your place in the course will be guaranteed and your training subsidised if:
- The course has been identified as a State priority course;
- A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) has a training place available; and
- You meet the normal entrance requirements for the course.
Future Skills Courses
Subsidised training places are available for courses that are deemed State priority qualifications. The States priority industry qualifications list is available here.