Natural therapies industry insights
There's no doubt that the area of Natural Therapies is an exciting and growing profession, which offers stability, career fulfillment and a wide variety of job roles.
* All information on this page has been complied using figures from payscale.com.au and the Australian Government's joboutlook.gov.au - all figures are indications only, and are accurate at time of publication. Please do your own research before selecting a course or career.
Why study natural therapies with Upskilled?
Upskilled’s Natural Therapies courses are delivered online, giving you the flexibility to enrol anytime of the year and study at your own pace.
Students will have the choice of choosing between three specialised Bachelor of Health Science degrees: Western Herbal Medicine, Nutritional Medicine, and Naturopathy.
Each course will provide individuals with in-depth scientific and historical knowledge on the existing natural health treatments, herbal medicines, and therapies being used in the field.
What will you learn?
During your studies, you will be trained in both technical and soft skills that will allow you to pursue a lasting career in the industry of Natural Therapies. Such abilities include:
- counselling skills
- dietary analysis
- herbal therapy
- communication, customer service, and research skills.
Do you need to do work placement?
With each course, students will be required to undertake an industry placement, ensuring that they graduate with practical experience and industry contacts.
The industry placements for each degree take up about 100 hours over your course of study, enabling you to not only attain a qualification by the end of the course, but a well-equipped set of skills that will have you ready for the workforce.
What other study perks do you get with Upskilled?
Furthermore, your online course includes:
- comprehensive student support to help you throughout your study
- a dedicated online lecturer will be provided to assist you in your learning process and offer academic support
- access to a range of collaboration and communication tools that enable you to network and discuss with other students in your field, further enriching your overall student experience.
Some of the degrees, diplomas and certificates allow you to graduate with a government-accredited, nationally recognised qualifications that can boost your chances of employment and more opportunities to accelerate your learning even further.