8,300 professionals predicted to be employed in Australia by 2022
What does the natural therapies industry look like?
If you have an interest in healthy living via natural means and are passionate about educating others in the more “holistic” approach to a happy, healthy wellbeing – then a career in Natural Therapies will provide such opportunity.
As a complementary health therapist, you will be working with clients to determine:
- suitable health treatments
- dietary plans
- lifestyle changes that can be implemented to medicate problems they are experiencing physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually.
Much of these treatments will involve herbal medicine, therapy, acupuncture, hypnotic or musical therapy, and other forms of alternative health remedies.
What skills do you need to work in natural therapies?
Those who work in the Natural Therapies industry will have:
- a high level of knowledge in medicine, psychology, biology, counselling, and therapy
- excellent communicators with quality customer service skills
- interacting and assisting clients face-to-face on a daily basis.
It is also important to be caring, empathetic, and exert active listening skills in order to properly determine what a patient needs.
Employees must also keep up-to-date with market trends and innovations to provide their clients with best solutions possible. The ability to implement thorough research; investigate and analyse data; and make good decisions are thus other valued skills.
Below are further key insights on having a career in the Natural Therapies industry.