The current average salary of an Account Support Officer is $60,000 - 75,000 annually
Account support officers process payments of company bills and accounts and calculate operational costs. Although job opportunities might plateau, there will be 41, 000 new jobs created over the next 5 years, since most industries require accounts clerks.
Read more about the accounting and finance industry.
Account support officers keep track of creditor/debtor accounts, maintain documentation, calculate wages, operational and overhead costs of a company.
- Good understanding of accounting concepts, financial reporting systems and taxes
- Mathematically-minded with strong attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of accounting software, record keeping skills and communication skills
- Attention to detail to prepare documentation for accounts payable/receivable, reconcile invoices and calculate costs
- Accurate, organised and able to maintain confidentiality