The current average salary of an Accountant is $75,000 - $90,000 annually
No Australian business can operate without having to pay tax. Whether it is income tax, capital gains tax or GST, tax is a legal requirement. It is no surprise then to note that the top 3 accounting and finance occupations are all roles that deal with bookkeeping and tax payments. Without a good accountant a business can end up paying more in tax and fines than it needs to; small wonder that accountants are so much in demand.
Read more about the Accounting and Finance industry
Accountancy has been an indispensable tool of business since day one. Having the right skills on your resume can help you get the accounting job you want.
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Able to build rapport with clients
- Able to analyse and solve problems
- Good organisational skills
- Discretion while dealing with confidential information
- Professional and ethical
- Able to work as part of a team