The current average salary of an Animator is $55,600 - 82,200 annually
Animators create two or three dimensional animations for multi media channels. These include video games, television, movies and other online media. Employment for animators to 2019 is expected to experience very strong growth. Employment in this very large occupation (59,200 in 2017) grew strongly over the last 5 years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Animators work with clients to determine design briefs and see concepts through from design sketch to post production. They may work with a range of different media and software.
- Discussing design objectives with clients and other stakeholders
- Investigating requirements regarding communication, functionality and constraints, and communicating these to clients
- Demonstrating initial concept ideas via sketches, figures and outlines
- Discussing design concepts and solutions with stakeholders throughout the creative process
- Recommending and using suitable resources and channels for each step of the project
- Reviewing and archiving design material for clients