The current average salary of an assistant accountant is $60,000 - 70,000 per annum
Assistant accountants help the wider accounting team by maintaining records of payments, invoices, petty cash, preparing accounts payable and payroll. There will be 41, 000 job openings over the next five years due to an ongoing need for accountants in all sectors.
Read more about the accounting and finance industry.
Assistant accountants help prepare financial statements, accounts payable, budgets, process invoices and monitor company costs.
- Accuracy in compiling data, preparing reports, processing accounts payable and receivable, and doing bank reconciliations
- Sound understanding of finance and accounting concepts
- Strong affinity for numbers
- Ability to use accounting software to prepare records
- Attention to detail to prepare documentation for accounts payable/receivable, reconcile invoices and calculate costs
- Methodical, organised, ability to prioritise work and be discreet