The current average salary of a banker is $52,000 - 63,000 per annum
Bankers welcome clients and answer their enquiries. Daily tasks include receiving deposits, paying clients money, cashing cheques, changing money and dealing with bank account openings and closures. Bankers are also responsible for balancing cash and ensuring any discrepancies are reported. Another key task for those in the job role of banker is the promotion and explanation to customers of recommended banking and financial services.
Read more about the accounting and finance industry.
Bankers deliver services and deal with customer enquiries related to financial transactions. They also provide advice about a range of financial services.
- Responding to customer enquiries and correctly ascertaining their needs
- Ensuring security measures are met by checking customer details and identification
- Helping with customer completion of relevant banking forms
- Disbursing money to and receiving money deposits from customers and accordingly debiting or crediting accounts
- Ensuring cash balances and highlighting any inconsistencies
- Encouraging customers to take advantage of suitable bank or financial services