The current average salary of a BAS agent is $39,000 - 69,500 per annum
A BAS agent is responsible for preparing and lodging BAS returns on their clients’ behalf and providing advice on BAS-related concerns. This is very large occupation, though is expected to dip slightly in employment numbers over the next few years, from 107,700 in 2017 to 104,300 by 2022. However, there are likely to be 39,000 job openings created during this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the accounting and finance industry.
BAS agents manage the preparation and submission of Business Activity Statements and provide business owners with advice on related matters.
- Strong organisation skills; accuracy in compiling data and preparing reports
- Have a keen attention to detail for identifying and addressing financial discrepancies
- Competent in financial operations and an affinity for numbers
- Ability to use accounting software to prepare records
- Knowledgeable on tax issues, superannuation, and PAYG
- Articulate with excellent interpersonal skills