The current average salary of a beauty therapist is $44,700 - $57,600 per annum
Beauty therapists provide facial and body treatments to clients, such as massages, facial therapies, and skin-care treatments. Employment for this role is expected to grow very strongly to 2022, from 35,400 workers in 2017 to 45,500 by 2022. 29,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the beauty therapy industry
Beauty therapists have a wide knowledge base on the cosmetic products, trends, and services on the market, and how to effectively administer them to clients.
- Know how to provide clients with the right beauty services and clients while maintaining a friendly, calm demeanor
- Are encouraging and personable to help feel customers feel good about themselves, physically and emotionally
- Excellent sales and marketing skills for promoting their services or products
- Expertise in using certain cosmetic tools and technology
- Have a passion for the beauty industry and a willingness to learn about new trends and products
- Are careful and have a close attention to detail for administering intricate beauty procedures