The current average salary of an
Call Centre Operator
is $72,500 - 119,600 annually
Call centre operators respond to telephone or email inquiries from customers regarding a service or product, or place outgoing calls to potential clients. Employment for this role is expected to grow to 2022, from 35,400 workers in 2017 to 37,100 by 2022. 41,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the sales and customer contact industry.
Call centre operators require excellent telecommunication skills and a strong knowledge of their service or product to effectively assist customers.
- Excellent knowledge of their business product or service and how it can benefit customers
- Excellent communication and customer service skills over the phone
- Strong listening skills and ability to ask good questions
- Strong sales skills for promoting further interest in their product
- Top notch organisational skills for paperwork and roster management duties
- Excellent teamwork skills to assist, train, and provide feedback towards other call centre operators