The current average salary of a chief executive officer is $171,000 - 305,200 per annum
Chief executive officers are the highest-ranking officers in a company and make the most important and far reaching corporate decisions. Employment for chief executive officers to 2019 is expected to remain stable. Employment in this very large occupation fell over the last five years.
Read more about the management industry.
Chief executive officers oversee the policies and direction of an organisation as requested by governing bodies such as a board of directors.
- Act as a liaison between a board of directors and corporate management
- Use decision making and management skills to set the tone and standards for an organisation
- Control large budgets and authorise resources to meet organisational requirements
- Oversee the performance of an organisation and create strategies to improve this
- Be responsible for the preparation of budgeting and forecasting reports
- Represent and present an organisation to the public as required