The current average salary of an
Chief Operating Officer
is $156,300 - 300,000 annually
Chief operating officers are the second highest-ranking officers in a company and make key corporate decisions regarding daily operations. Employment for chief operating officers to 2019 is expected to remain stable. Employment in this very large occupation fell over the last five years.
Read more about the management industry.
Chief operating officers have overall control of the daily operations and main purposes of an organisation. They help set company policy.
- Set high standards regarding company policy and principles
- Instruct and support the work of middle managers and directors
- Work with and create key reports to inform organisational performance
- Ensure effective staffing levels in conjunction with operations managers
- Act as an official representative of an organisation at functions and other public events
- Oversee the selection and management of senior personnel