The current average salary of an
Child Care Centre Manager
is $65, 600 - $83, 000 annually
Child care managers are responsible for the development of programs, supervision of personnel and completion of administration related to the direct care of children. They work in a variety of settings. Employment of child care managers to 2019 is expected to grow very strongly. Employment in this medium sized occupation grew very strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the education industry.
Child care managers are responsible for the smooth running of child care facilities as well as the safety and education of children in a variety of settings.
- Take responsibility for the design and implementation of educational and care programs
- Hire and supervise staff according to organisational and legal requirements
- Ensure the correct training and personal development of personnel
- Supervise day to day activities and child safety in a child care setting
- Keep accurate records including budgets, individual records and reports
- Ensure compliance with all of the legal requirements related to child care