The current average salary of an
is $50,200 - 58,000 annually
Conference coordinators meet with clients to organise, promote and facilitate conferences and events like trade shows. Employment for conference coordinators to 2022 is expected to grow very strongly. This is a large occupation, employing 25, 900 in 2017, and in the same year unemployment was average.
Read more about the events and tourism industry.
Conference coordinators organise and run conferences and are there to provide on-site assistance throughout the event. They are skilled in managing staff, liaising with contractors and suppliers, organising speakers and programmes. Conference coordinators perform various administrative tasks.
- Understand the ideas and aims of clients and fulfil their requests
- Oversee all aspects of planning, hosting and packing up the conference
- Problem solve any issues that arise during the conference
- Work effectively within a budget
- Interview and hire vendors, resolving any conflicts or cancellations
- Manage ticket sales and registration