The current average salary of an Customer Services Representative is $47,500 - 59,700 annually
Customer service representatives are responsible for handling customer complaints, inquiries, and business relationships over the phone or online. Employment for this role is expected to grow very strongly to 2022, from 39,500 workers in 2017 to 46,300 by 2022. 32,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the sales and customer contact industry.
Customer service representatives require excellent telecommunication skills, a strong knowledge of their business, and good leadership skills to train others in their field.
- Strong interpersonal skills for maintaining positive customer-business relationships
- Thorough knowledge of business and services to respond to customer inquiries
- Effective leadership skills for training and guiding newcomers in their field
- Strong listening skills to thoroughly understand and assist with customer predicaments
- Ability to keep calm and level-headed in the face of angry or upset customer contact
- Strong organisational skills to ensure operational efficiency in the workplace