The current average salary of an
is $54,150 - 72,600 annually
Event planners pull together all the elements required for the smooth running of events such as weddings, conferences and fundraisers. They work to balance client requirements and available budgets. Employment for event planners to 2019 is expected to grow very strongly. Employment in this large occupation remained stable over the last five years.
Read more about the events and tourism industry.
Event planners provide planning and management for a variety of events and functions.
- Discussing requirements and budgets with clients and suggesting appropriate packages
- Providing cost information about a range of services including catering, equipment hire and venues
- Coordinating external service providers to ensure the smooth running of events
- Dealing with participant queries and registration
- Working to promote events-based services to prospective clients
- Gathering and acting accordingly on feedback following events