The current average salary of an Event Sales Coordinator is $51,400 - 67,600 annually
Event sales coordinators are responsible for an organised event and its accompanying deals are well promoted and sold to customers. Employment for this type of role is expected to grow strongly 2022, from 25,900 workers in 2017 to 31,400 by 2022. 22,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the events and tourism industry.
Event sales coordinators must have a strong sense of leadership, exhibit excellent customer service skills and the drive to meet sales quotas and team goals.
- Excellent communication skills, whether verbal or written, for dealing with potential clients and customers
- Sound negotiation skills for compromising with customers on rates
- Ability to communicate and sell well over the phone
- Good networking skills
- A thorough knowledge of the event and the benefits it can offer clients
- Strong organisational skills for managing multiple bookings by customers