The current average salary of a fast food manager is $48,600 - 68,500 per annum
Fast food managers oversee the operations of their restaurant, ensuring food preparation, customer service, and any personnel issues are managed effectively. Employment for this role is expected to grow very strongly to 2022, from 70,600 workers in 2017 to 83,700 by 2022. 46,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the retail industry.
Fast food managers must have top-notch leadership, customer service, and time management skills; as well as the ability to work in high-pressure situations.
- Strong leadership skills in training and guiding staff, ensuring all tasks are carried out smoothly
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Excellent time management for scheduling and executing day-to-day work priorities
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-stress environment
- Good organisational skills for the recording and maintenance of stock levels and financial transactions
- Ability to quickly problem solve and deal with staff or customer conflict