The current average salary of an Financial Planner is $72,800 - 104,500 annually
Financial planners give financial advise to and make financial investments for organisations and individuals. Tasks include determining the financial status of clients, explaining investment options and compiling and overseeing financial plans. Employment for financial planners to 2019 is expected to be stable. Employment in this large occupation (45,900 in 2017) was stable in the last 10 years.
Read more about the accounting and finance industry.
Financial planners consult with clients regarding their financial status and future financial investments. They also monitor investments for their clients over time.
- Discussing current financial status with prospective clients
- Introducing financial options and investment strategies
- Checking the on-going performance of a range of financial investments
- Recommending suitable insurance products and setting these up for clients
- Managing savings policies such as superannuation and unit trusts
- Ensuring all financial information is prepared and delivered at the appropriate time