The current average salary of an Hairdressing Salon Manager is $52,500 - 60,800 annually
Hairdressing salon managers own, manage or operate hair salons in various formats. The number of hairdressing salon managers stayed fairly stable over the past 5 years and is expected to grow moderately over the next 5 years. There are likely to be around 137,000 job openings for retail managers (of which hairdressing salon manger is a job role type) over this time from workers leaving, as well as new retail manager jobs being created.
Read more about the beauty therapy industry.
Hairdressing salon managers provide services relating to hair and beauty products, and provide advice on hair styles, haircuts, colouration and other health and beauty related services. They might manage other hair salon team members.
- Defining the hairdressing salon’s product mix, as well as stock levels
- Implementing marketing and purchasing requirements, and setting the price of hair services
- Advertising the hairdressing businesses’ services to clients
- Demonstrating hairdressing services to customers and advising them on product use
- Keeping the records of hair product stock levels and items
- Controlling the selection, training and supervision of hair salon staff