The current average salary of an
Head of school/RTO
is $80,000 – 113,100 annually
Heads of school or heads of RTO are responsible for the leadership of all academic aspects of a university or training organisation. Employment for heads of school or heads of RTO to 2019 is expected to grow very strongly. Employment in this medium sized occupation grew very strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the management industry.
Heads of school or heads of RTO are responsible for the overall effective operation of a university or Registered Training Organisation.
- Take a leadership role in the academic development of a university or organisation
- Contribute to the development of a university or training organisation’s missions and goals
- Liaise with external organisations to foster reciprocal partnerships
- Manage the recruitment and development of staff
- Work with other managers to monitor budgets and make appropriate decisions
- Keep abreast of and evaluate new educational developments