The current average salary of an
is $61,000 - 87,000 annually
Health educators provide their clients with information on a variety of health-related fields, such as disease and infection or drug and alcohol prevention. Employment for this role is expected to grow very strongly to 2022, from 6,100 workers in 2017 to 7,400 by 2022. 4,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the natural therapies industry.
Health educators are well-informed, excellent communicators who possess a wide, thorough knowledge of the health and lifestyle field.
- Have a sound knowledge of human psychology and behaviour
- Have a background in or sound knowledge of therapy and counselling
- Possess excellent communication skills for imparting their information and data to groups or individuals
- Are active listeners and know how to provide appropriate advice regarding one’s health care needs
- Are highly organised for keeping records and documents on their clients’ progress
- Have an innovative mindset for developing and implementing new health education programs