The current average salary of an
is $61,000 - 90,700 annually
Hotel managers are responsible for the smooth running of hotels to ensure guest satisfaction regarding accommodation, catering and leisure facilities. They oversee a number of staff to meet a range of client expectations. Employment for hotel managers to 2019 is expected to experience moderate growth. Employment in this medium sized occupation (19,600 in 2017) has fallen over the last 5 years.
Read more about the events and tourism industry.
Hotel managers coordinate a range of hospitality services to ensure positive experiences for guests. They oversee hotel staff and ensure customer expectations are met.
- Ensuring the smooth running of services related to guest experience
- Managing hotel reservations and answering queries from prospective customers
- Working with others to plan and supervise a range of hotel services
- Overseeing the maintenance of hotel facilities including property, gardens and security
- Ensuring compliance with laws related to alcohol, gaming and health and safety
- Obtaining information regarding customer satisfaction and dealing with complaints