The current average salary of an IoT Developer is $68,000 - 98,000 annually
IoT developers work to develop the programming required for the operation of IoT devices. The term IoT (Internet of Things) refers to physical devices that are connected to and operated via the internet. Employment for IoT developers to 2019 is expected to remain stable. Employment in this small occupation grew moderately over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
IoT developers are responsible for the development of the software and hardware necessary to connect devices to the internet and allow their smooth operation by users.
- An understanding of the interaction between physical hardware and software programming
- The ability to assemble physical hardware including boards and sensors
- Programming skills to develop interaction between devices and servers
- The ability to work with database programming languages such as MySQL
- A familiarity with system testing and troubleshooting protocols
- A keen eye for the latest trends in functionality and user interface