The current average salary of an
IT Sustainability Systems Consultant
is $77,500 - 104,300 annually
IT sustainability systems consultants work with a company to develop more environmentally-friendly systems and procedures. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 52,400 workers in 2017 to 59,900 by 2022. 26,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the information technology industry.
IT sustainability systems consultants are business consultants that specialise in the field of “green” or environment-related initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills for pitching and discussing sustainability plan with businesses
- Highly knowledgeable of effective environmental practices and how they can be integrated in an IT business context
- Excellent organisational skills for the planning and management of new business initiatives
- Sound knowledge of government regulations and policies and how these can affect business strategies
- Sound knowledge of IT trends and how technology can adapt to new environmental initiatives
- Ability to work well in a collaborative context