The current average salary of a kindergarten assistant is $39,700 - 60,300 per annum
A kindergarten assistant ensures things run smoothly in the classroom by performing generic administrative tasks, supervising children, preparing play and learning areas and enhancing childhood development. This sector is poised for growth over the next 5 years due to a baby boom and a related demand for such services.
Read more about the education industry.
A kindergarten assistant performs generic clerical duties and helps the teacher look after the children under their care.
- A caring, friendly and engaging personality
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Physically fit to be able to look after children
- Ability to make quick decisions and communicate well
- Working with Children Check and First Aid Certificate