The current average salary of a logistics manager is $70,000 - 122,300 per annum
Logistics managers oversee the day-to-day shipping an warehousing operations of their business, ensuring all processes are running as smoothly as possible. Employment for this role is expected to grow very strongly to 2022, from 41,000 workers in 2017 to 49,600 by 2022. 26,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the logistics industry.
Logistics managers work well under pressure, are highly organised, and are well-abled in directing worker activity to produce the most efficient results possible.
- Are top-notch problem solvers; well-abled in identifying “bottlenecks” in their shipping processes and developing ways to remove them
- Excellent leadership skills; can effectively plan and coordinate the efficient storage and distribution of product
- Excellent organisational skills in collecting and reporting on data regarding logistics performance
- Can maintain positive relationships with suppliers and customers
- Sound understanding of customer service, customer needs, and providing the best service possible
- Are strategic and analytical, able to come up with effective solutions to improve operational performance