The current average salary of a mortgage broker is $60,000 - 93,100 per annum
A mortgage broker specialises in home loans, analysing and comparing thousands of them to give customers the most suitable loan for their financial circumstances. Mortgage brokers earn a commission paid by the bank or lender – not the borrower. This sector will grow in the next 5 years from 25,800 jobs in 2017 to 25,600 by 2022.
Read more about the accounting and finance industry.
Mortgage brokers act as a conduit between the borrower and the lender, assessing your finances to determine which home loan is right for you.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills to build a relationship with clients
- Expertise in personal finance and risk assessment
- Honesty, integrity and sound judgement
- Good negotiation skills and self-motivation