The current average salary of an
is $39,800 - 61,200 annually
Nannies look after many aspects of a child’s wellbeing. They are responsible for the daily routine and welfare of children, often in the child’s own home. Employment for nannies to 2019 is expected to experience very strong growth. Employment in this very large occupation grew very strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the education industry.
Nannies work with children to provide for their daily needs and emotional security in their home environment.
- Undertaking daily childcare activities including hygiene, the preparation of meals and bedtime routines
- Taking a responsibility for social development and behaviour
- Planning and implementing a range of suitable activities to ensure the education and entertainment of children
- Ensuring the safety and security of children both inside and outside the home
- Understanding and making use of key child development information
- Taking children to and from appointments and nursery or school as required