The current average salary of a nursing assistant is $41,000 - 42,000 per annum
A nursing assistant provides help, support and direct care to patients in hospitals, hospices, nursing homes and other healthcare organisations, often working under the supervision of a registered nurse. They help patients walk, bathe, dress as well as monitor their vital signs, food intake, etc.
Read more about the community services industry.
Nursing assistants provide basic care for patients who are ill, infirmed or disabled by helping with daily activities like feeding, bathing, monitoring medication, etc.
- Good knowledge in medical procedures
- A caring personality, empathy, compassion
- Ability to make sound decisions and work under pressure
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills