The current average salary of an
is $45,000 - 65,000 annually
What does a nutrition educator do?
Nutrition educators might undertake tasks such as providing support, information and advice to clients about energy intake, as well as optimal health, BMI and food disorders. They might evaluate and coordinate the services of health agencies. There are likely to be around 5000 job openings up until 2022 in this profession from workers leaving and new nutrition jobs being created.
Read more about the natural therapies industry.
What skills do you need to be a nutrition educator?
Nutrition educators might apply the science of human nutrition to help their clients to get better health outcomes and to assist them with issues to do with food and nutrition.
- Putting together plans of diets, eating programs, energy needs and food menus
- Instructing their clients on the requirements and importance of diet and how to plan and prepare food
- Giving advice on BMI, body weight and the preparation and serving of meals
- Collecting, organising and assessing data relating to health and nutritional status of individuals, groups and communities
- Assisting to monitor their clients’ food intake, and provide constructive feedback
- Working out methods to calculate nutritional values of food, and calories/kilojoules burned