The current average salary of an Nutritionist is $51,350 - 75,500 annually
Nutritionists aim to educate others in the science of better health and prevention of illness or disease. Employment for this role is expected to grow very strongly to 2022, from 8,400 workers in 2017 to 9,900 by 2022. 5,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the Natural Therapies industry.
Nutritionists require strong communication skills and have a keen interest in healthy eating and food science, with an appropriate qualification in such a field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for inquiring on and listening to their patients’ needs; and providing appropriate advice
- A thorough, expert knowledge in the field of food science and how healthy eating can prevent illness and disease
- A personable, empathetic approach to clients to effectively counsel them in their dietary issues and needs
- Excellent teamwork skills for consulting with other health professionals on the dietary needs of their patients
- Strong organisational skills for planning, implementing, and evaluating nutrition intervention programs
- Strong attention to detail for dealing with nutritional and health data of individuals and communities