The current average salary of an
is $62,000 - 91,700 annually
Product developers in the Natural Therapies sector create natural health and dietary food products to sell to the market. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 11,600 workers in 2017 to 13,200 by 2022. 6,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the natural therapies industry.
Product developers work with herbal consultants to come up with nutraceutical products for the natural therapies market.
- Have an extensive knowledge of natural therapies and herbal medicine
- Are innovative; can come up with creative and efficient ingredient combinations and formulations
- Have strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with experts on the market
- Are strategic, highly organised, and are critical thinkers
- A good knowledge of the natural therapies market and its target demographic
- Are well-informed of policies regarding safety, quality, and compliance