The current average salary of a quality assurance tester is $69,000 - 93,800 per annum
Quality assurance/testers work to test, debug and refine software to ensure its suitability for purpose. They work with software engineers and other IT professionals. Employment for quality assurance/testers to 2019 is expected to grow very strongly. Employment in this small occupation grew very strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Quality assurance testers ensure that software is working to a high standard before it is distributed for use. They generally work in larger organisations.
- Draw control flow diagrams to demonstrate software structure
- Test software in a wide range of scenarios
- Ensure that software is user-friendly and meets expectations
- Respond to bug reports should these occur (usually through beta testing)
- Communicate with end users and management to safeguard high standards
- Write and review operation manuals and other instruction documents